Dr. Madhav Marathe
Division Director, Network Systems Science and Advanced Computing; Distinguished Professor in Biocomplexity, Department of Computer Science, University of Virginia
Professor Madhav Marathe is an endowed Distinguished Professor in Biocomplexity, Director of the Network Systems Science and Advanced Computing Division, Biocomplexity Institute and Initiative, and a tenured professor of computer science at the University of Virginia. He is also a member of the Bhupat & Jyoti Mehta Family Foundation CARE team.
Marathe is a passionate advocate and practitioner of transdisciplinary team science. During his 25-year professional career, he has established and led a number of large transdisciplinary projects. His areas of expertise are network science, artificial intelligence, high performance computing, computational epidemiology, biological and socially coupled systems, and data analytics.
Marathe’s prior positions include professor of computer science and director of the Network Dynamics and Simulation Science Laboratory within the Biocomplexity Institute of Virginia Tech and research and computing team leader in the Basic and Applied Simulation Science group, Computer and Computational Sciences Division at the Los Alamos National Laboratory. He is a Fellow of the American Association for the Advancement of Science, the Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics, the Association for Computing Machinery, and the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE). Marathe has published more than 350 articles in peer reviewed journals, conferences, and workshops.
- Dr. Maranthe’s homepage – https://biocomplexity.virginia.edu/person/madhav-marathe
- COVID-19 Pandemic Response – https://biocomplexity.virginia.edu/project/covid-19-pandemic-response
- Computational Epidemiology – https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCV2zZ2MTJeI3wXavQI0mWGw
- NSSAC Channel – https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJRqNYJdHq0xaYZssEyVCQA
- PREPARE Channel – https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSYdo4DC75EmqzSTCS6kA-Q
- COVID Chasers Podcast – https://anchor.fm/covidchasers